SemPress is a highly semantic, HTML5 template, responsive and seo optimized. The theme supports most of the new HTML5 tags, the new HTML5 input-types, microformats, microformats v2 and microdata (Schema.org).
POSH – Plain old Semantic HTML
From the micrormats wiki:
The term semantic-html is a mouthful, and belies both how simple it is, how well established it is among modern web designers, and the fact that it has benefits far beyond the obvious doing the right thing for the Web by using semantic markup. We need a simple short mnemonic term that captures the essence of the concept, and is easily verbed (to posh, poshify, poshed up).
SemPress is fully HTML5 compatible and uses a lot of the new tags, semantics and input-types.
SemPress’ code is marked-up with microformats and microdata:
- used microformats:
- used microformats version 2:
- used microdata:
- micormats (v2): hAudio and hMedia
- microdata: http://schema.org/MediaObject
- Custom Post Types: aside, status, gallery, video, audio, link and image
- Navigation Menus
- Automatic Feed Links
- Infinite Scroll (JetPack)
- Some Articles about SemPress (mostly german)